It’s the worrying news we can’t ignore as the Coronavirus continues its march into our lives. The team at What Cleaning who specialise in end of tenancy cleaning in London & give advice on keeping your home clean would like to share some basic housekeeping rules to help you stay safe on the move and at home.
Self – help tips
- Wash your hands with soap and hot water – do this for at least 20 seconds
- Always wash your hands when you get home or into work
- Wash your hands after using public transport shopping, and bathroom visits
- Use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available with at least 60% alcohol
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) to catch your cough or sneeze. Put used tissues in the bin straight away
- Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
- Avoid touching your eyes, mouth and nose with unwashed hands
Home – Tips
Focus on cleaning the home where germs are more likely to spread, such as the kitchen and toilet. Germs can be spread from touching unclean surfaces and equipment, as well as person to person.
- To keep germs at bay use soap with warm water or disinfectant.
- Clean key areas on regularly such as toilets, sinks, taps and door handles.
- Where possible use disposable cloths, reusable cloths need to be disinfected or washed
- Ensure food preparation areas and chopping boards are thoroughly cleaned and dried
- Clean floors regularly, use two buckets for mopping, one for detergent the other for rinsing
- Steam clean carpets and soft furnishings
- Throw rubbish away carefully, try not to touch the bin lid. If you do, wash your hands immediately afterwards.
These are quick basic tips – Full updated advice is being issued by the UK Government and the NHS daily . Please be clean and stay safe.
Link to NHS – https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/